My Photo Gallery

Friday, January 23, 2009

The End of an Era



It's always sad to see professional athletes retire. They work non stop and work under tremendous pressure to perform well in the public eye. Yesterday, Alonzo Mourning announced his retirement from basketball. I remember watching him play as a kid in Georgetown University, leading his team and dominating the competition. He was the greatest Miami Heat player to date. He poured his heart and soul to the team and gave everything he had to win. I was very happy to see him play an integral part of the 2006 championship season. I felt the same way when Dan Marino retired from the Dolphins. These are athletes I grew up watching and it feels like a part of me leaves with them as they exit the stage and move on to a different phase of their life. 

No comments: