My Photo Gallery

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Weekend Recap

It was a beautiful weekend here. Friday night was Halloween, and the kids went Trick or Treatfor the first time. My wife did a wonderful job taking them around our neighborhood and witnessing their joy walking around in their new costumes.

Saturday was a great day for college football. I watched my Canes beat Virginia in overtime. What a great group of freshmen players this team has. They hung in there and were lead by true freshman, Jacory Harris. This was a big win for them, it puts them in the hunt for the ACC Coastal division title and officially makes them bowl eligible.  Afterwards, we enjoyed a night of games with our neighbors, the Goodmans, and shared a nice meal. We played Apples to Apples, very competitive games and a good time was had by all.

Today, we did not go to church as most of us in our house are sick. My kids have a terrible cough and my wife was feeling ill and needed rest. We ended up watching Pastor Troy's service from Flamingo Road Church. This was the church my family were members of prior to moving to Homestead. It was very enlightening and thought provoking sermon. 

The Miami Dolphins.... what can I say? I was shocked to see the improvements and positive strides this team has made in such a short span. The defense played its best game of the year. They forced numerous turnovers and showed that they can carry this team when needed. Pennington did a decent job managing the offense, still I would like to see some deep balls thown as he has the tendency to go through his progressions too fast and checks down too much, in my opinion. However, the team effort was outstanding and I haven't been this proud of my teams in years. 

Finally, in my fantasy league, I am going for four in a row and solidify my first place status. 

It was another fabulous weekend

No comments: