My Photo Gallery

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Miami Dolphins... 9 -5 ?!?!?! Weekend Highlights

I cannot believe this season and how good it feels to see my team playing meaningful games at the end of the year. It has been a long time coming and the feeling is surreal. However, their wins do leave much to be desired. The play calling and dreadful offense today almost cost them. I know Pennington does a wonderful job of managing the offense but the lack of down field throws will catch up to this team. Yes, there was a deep pass to the TE today but that was an anomaly and something we don't see enough of. Next week it is a trip to cold KC and a date at Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs lost another close game, losing again in the Fourth quarter of their game. I am hoping that loss demoralizes them to the point that Miami can come in and take them out of the game early.

In my fantasy league, I am in the playoffs for the first time. I was first for most of the season, but a late losing streak cost me the top seed. I am in a tough battle right now and it will come down to the Monday night game where I have the Philly D. 

This weekend, my family and I spent our weekend at home going through the kids toys and donating the toys they truly no longer play with. At night, my wife and I watched "The Dark Knight" and all I can say is WOW. It was a very good movie, long and somewhat disturbing for me. I have never seen the "Joker" portrayed as such a sadistic killer. I was shocked and it took some time to get adjusted to his persona. We did also watch "Get Smart" and I really enjoyed it. It was hilarious and very well done. Both movies were great and I can't wait to watch the next one, "Tropic Thunder". 


No comments: