My Photo Gallery

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Testament Challenge.... Day One and Two

I have accepted the challenge and began my quest today to complete the 63 days. I read Matthew 1-4 and Acts 1-6 and I learned quite a bit. In Matthew 1 I learned that the genealogy of Jesus is very confusing and as many times as I read it, it was still hard to follow. I learned about John the Baptist, how he preaches the word in such a convincing fashion and without fear. I learned more about the temptations offered by Satan to Jesus and how he rebuked every one of them with a perfect argument. 

From Acts, I learned something I have been wondering about for some time now. What happened to Jesus, where did he go? I am not well versed on the bible (my own fault for not reading like I should) however these first few chapters have answered just about every question I had. I learned about the fate of Judas (very graphic!!!) and what happened to a couple who tried to cheat God out of his offering (both dropped dead after being confronted). What I really learned is that with faith, any situation can be overcome and there are numerous passages that describe this in detail, no matter the circumstances we need to just have faith in God and he will watch over us and protect us. 

No comments: